St Andrew’s C of E VC Primary School Nursery
If you have a child born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014, the Hertfordshire County Council online application process for Nursery places is now open. Following the school term dates, St Andrew’s Nursery offers a 5 mornings a week, (15 hours) single September intake, with the option to defer until January for children whose birthday falls between 1st March and 31st August.
Parents should apply at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/nurseryadmissions . Application deadline is 17th March 2017.
Bobtails Playgroup is situated on St Andrew’s school site and since 2011 it has occupied a brand new, purpose-built building adjoining the school’s Foundation Stage.
Bobtails currently runs every weekday morning, during term time from 9.00 am – 12:00 noon.
On Mondays and Fridays only, Bobtails also run a lunch club from 12:00 noon -13:00 pm (the children will need to bring their own packed lunch) and an afternoon session from 12.30 pm -15:30 pm.
30 Hours Free Childcare
From September 2017, Bobtails Playgroup, in partnership with St Andrew’s Primary School will be able to offer parents 30 hours free childcare provision on the same school site. This is a new entitlement for working parents of 3 and 4 year old children. This is an extra 15 hours per week entitlement in addition to the children’s existing 15 hours free early education funding.
Parents will be able to check their eligibility for the scheme via an online HMRC site, which is expected to open in the summer term 2017. The site will generate a voucher code for eligible parents, which they will pass to their chosen provider. The voucher code will enable the provider (Bobtails Playgroup or St Andrew’s Nursery) to claim funding from the local authority for the number of hours each child requires.
It is expected that the criteria will state that all parents in the household work at least 16 hours per week and earn at least £107 per week, up to a maximum salary of £100,000 per parent.
At the time of writing, the free 15 hours afternoon sessions for eligible parents will be offered as follows:
St Andrew’s C of E VC Primary School will be offering their full days from 8.45 – 11.45am (usual Nursery provision) plus 11.45 – 2.45pm additional afternoon cover on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons = 6 hours per day.
Bobtails Playgroup will be offering their full days from 9.00am to 12.00 noon and 12 noon to 3.00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons = 6 hours per day.
- The second session in the afternoon for both providers will include an allotted time for lunch.
- It is anticipated that parents who wish to take up the 30 hours free childcare provision will have priority over parents applying solely for the afternoon provision.
- Parents who are ineligible for the additional funding will be able to pay for the afternoon sessions if required.
- As the funding requires that the provision for 6 hours per day is ‘seamless’, parents will have the opportunity to purchase further ‘top up’ childcare cover with either provider to cover their child’s care until 3.15/3.30pm (St Andrew’s) or until 3.30pm (Bobtails Playgroup) on the appropriate days.
- All parents would be able to pay for the additional top up sessions, not just those who receive 30 hours free childcare. The extra hours in the afternoon would be within the limitations of the hours on offer by each of the providers.
For further information, please contact either Keely Smith @ Bobtails or Teresa Fowle @ St Andrew’s Primary.