Welcome to the St Andrew’s PTA Webpage
Who are the PTA and what do we do?
We are a group of parents and staff who, together, organise events to raise invaluable extra funding which is used by the school to enhance and enrich the children’s school experience.
Each year group has 2 parent representatives who act as a conduit between the committee and the other parents from their child’s class.
We meet every term (dates will be on the calendar) to discuss plans for upcoming events and brainstorm for new, innovative ways to raise the extra funding.
Every parent with a child in the school is automatically a member of the PTA and are warmly welcomed to join the PTA at the meetings and to get involved. The current PTA is a relatively new group, most of us have met each other through the PTA but we work really well together and enjoy what we do.
We are always in need of new members but understand that it can be difficult to dedicate your time when you have children and busy lives. You could just come along for a meeting to see what we do, even if you are unable to attend the meetings, or commit any time to the events. Also, we welcome any suggestions for fundraising ideas, you can do this via any of the PTA members, or the School Office.
What has the PTA done in the past year?
- A very successful Christmas Fayre and a Summer Fete
- Lots of of fun events for the children, last year we ran 2 discos, a Mother’s Day and a Father’s Day sale and an Easter egg raffle
- Provided refreshments at a number of school events including the fantastic St Andrew’s Marathon
- Hosted a Ladies’ Pamper Night which was a thoroughly enjoyable evening
What is the money we raise used for?
Last year, the PTA made a massive £9412.68 profit, the money raised was used to help fund:
- After School Football and Netball Clubs
- The cost of coaches for school trips which brings the overall cost of school trips down for parents.
- Arts Week
- Library Books
- Advent Books
- Living Eggs (Reception)
- Christmas pantomime
- Science week
- Year 6 leavers presents
Plus many more invaluable and important projects and events.
PTA Committee (as at Sept 2017)
Chair: Kirsty Berryman
Vice Chair: Hilary Brennan
Treasurer: Vicky Griffin
Secretary: Claire Maynard
If you are interested in getting involved you can speak to any member of the PTA Committee or just let the School Office know and they will pass the message on. Don’t worry about how much time you can commit, it all helps!