Good morning everyone. I hope that you’re enjoying learning a little bit more about the Maya and enjoyed reading the book Eric.
Ideas for the day:
Maths –Summer Term Week 2 (w/c 27th April) Lesson 2 Subtracting decimals with the same number of decimal places (or carry on from where you’ve got to in the decimals work so far). You have to scroll right down to the bottom of the page to find the lesson – we are two weeks behind the resources on the website. We are on w/c 27th April.
Don’t forget to use the video to help you and the answers to check your work.
English – We are continuing looking at the book Eric by Shaun Tan. In today’s lesson, you will be revisiting modal verbs and also writing some of your ideas about the book.
(If you would like a Word version of the lesson, so you can edit it, I’ve uploaded it on the Purple Mash version of this blog. This school website doesn’t cope well unless it’s a PDF)
History – Continue with your work on the Maya.
Please do share your work with me. Post it on Purple Mash or send me an email email@example.com I love seeing what you’ve been up to.
This week we are going to continue finding out about the Maya civilisation. Here are some areas that you might like to investigate:
- Did they have a writing system? What was it like?
- What did they believe? Did they worship gods?
- Find out about their creation story.
- What causes the decline of Maya civilisation?
- Why did the ancient Mayan cities stay undiscovered for so long? When and how were they rediscovered?
- Explore more about any of the areas of life for the Maya that you found interesting when you were researching last week, eg food, architecture, clothing, games and leisure.
- Anything else that you’d like to investigate about the Maya!
Choose one or more of these areas. How you present your work is up to you – you can be creative! If you’d like to do some of your work on Purple Mash there are templates about gods, food, games and pyramids that you could use. Don’t feel you have to use Purple Mash though.
Here are some other links that might help you: