It looks like it might be a sunny day today, so make sure you get outside at some point for some fresh air! I enjoyed seeing some of your Eric illustrations yesterday. I hope you’re enjoying finding out more about the Maya too.
Just for Fun Challenge – This week’s challenge is to get a tea bag into a cup in the most creative way! You may want to film this and send in a copy.
Ideas for the day:
Maths –Summer Term Week 2 (w/c 27th April) Lesson 4 Subtracting decimals with a different number of decimal places (or carry on from where you’ve got to in the decimals work so far). You have to scroll right down to the bottom of the page to find the lesson – we are two weeks behind the resources on the website. We are on w/c 27th April.
Don’t forget to use the video to help you and the answers to check your work.
English – In today’s lesson you are going to learn about writing a speech. For activity two, it suggests you write a speech about friendship. You can do this, or write a speech about something else that you feel strongly about. Just remember to include the features of a power speech. If you can, post or email your speech so others can read it too!
History – Continue with your work on the Maya.
Enjoy your day.
This week we are going to continue finding out about the Maya civilisation. Here are some areas that you might like to investigate:
- Did they have a writing system? What was it like?
- What did they believe? Did they worship gods?
- Find out about their creation story.
- What causes the decline of Maya civilisation?
- Why did the ancient Mayan cities stay undiscovered for so long? When and how were they rediscovered?
- Explore more about any of the areas of life for the Maya that you found interesting when you were researching last week, eg food, architecture, clothing, games and leisure.
- Anything else that you’d like to investigate about the Maya!
Choose one or more of these areas. How you present your work is up to you – you can be creative! If you’d like to do some of your work on Purple Mash there are templates about gods, food, games and pyramids that you could use. Don’t feel you have to use Purple Mash though.
Here are some other links that might help you: