Morning Year 5!
As it’s now officially the Easter holidays (although it doesn’t really seem like the holidays), I won’t be setting work in the same way that I have been for the last few weeks.
In RE we had been revisiting the Easter story and looking at works for art that represent the different days of Holy Week. Over the holidays, it would be great if you could do you own piece of work on one of the day(s) of Holy Week eg Palm Sunday, the Last Supper, Good Friday etc. Hopefully you should be able to remember the story well (think back to this time last year and the Easter play!)
Here are a few ideas of how you could present your work:
- Draw a picture, for example, a picture of Jesus riding on a donkey into Jerusalem with the crowd waving their palm leaves, or imagine you’re looking through the keyhole into the room with the disciples at the last supper, or draw Jesus and is disciples in the garden of Gethsemane when the disciples fall asleep etc
- Make a story board of the events of Holy Week
- Make a model of one of the days (maybe you could make a scene using Lego, or create the scene in a shoebox)
- Use 2story on Purple Mash to retell the story with words and pictures
- If any of you are particular computer whizzes, you might be able to work out 2animate to create an animated story, or some of you might be able to create a stop motion video using an app (eg imotion or movie maker).
Do keep reading over the holidays and Purple Mash and Mathletics will still be there for you to use. You could explore some of the other activities on Purple Mash that you haven’t used yet: learn to type using 2Type or how to code using 2Code, or any other ones that take your fancy. If you are looking for other activities to do over the holiday, the website twinkl has thousands of ideas. At the moment, they have made their resources free to parents, go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer/ and enter the code CVDTWINKLHELPS.
Do continue to keep in touch and email photos of what you’ve been up to.