At St Andrew’s School Safeguarding is Everybody’s Responsibility
We are fully committed to comprehensive safeguarding practices aimed at ensuring children are safe in both school and at home. The following are some of our safeguarding practices at St Andrew’s Church of England Primary School:
- We have fully trained DSP (Mrs H. Gillingham) and three trained Deputy DSPs (Mr A.Price, Mrs C.Davey and Mr A.Cooper).
- All staff annually attend safeguarding training as part of their INSET and are trained, every three years, to Level 1 Safeguarding by HCC.
- Staff have had training for Prevent Radicalisation and Extremism.
- All staff are DBS checked as part of our recruitment procedure and are made aware of our safeguarding policies & procedures during their induction.
- When conducting each recruitment process, one member of the SLT who has attended the Safer Recruitment training would always be on the panel.
- All visitors to school are signed in at reception and accompanied by a member of staff whilst in school, if they do not have a DBS.
- Visiting professionals/supply staff are asked to show photographic identification prior to entering school and their DBS details would be confirmed by their employer.
- Volunteers are inducted and must have a DBS.
- All adults who collect children from school at any point in the school day must do so via the School Office.
- Entry points to the school either have key code access or cannot be opened from outside the building.
- Our PSHE curriculum teaches children how to look after themselves and to keep safe. The children are taught to identify safe adults beyond the family to confide in at times of distress or identified danger.
- E-Safety is a taught module within the computing curriculum and is continually referred to in the teaching of computing lessons. The school also has regular e-safety whole school focus days.
- E-Safety guidance is often provided to parents through the weekly update and Parents’ meetings.
- A first day response is in place for all children that are absent from school.
- We have signed up to implement the principles and aim of the Encompass Model, working with the police for quick and efficient transfer of information in regards of domestic violence.
For further details please see our Child Protection, Safeguarding and Online Safety Policies.